Friday, October 14, 2011

Sea Shell and Hibiscus Weecakies



      Every once in a while I get to do Weecakies for wedding favors. The bride contacted me and requested Weecakies with a "Tropical " theme. The groom wanted chocolate and the bride wanted coconut, so this is what I came up with. The sea shells are white chocolate, dusted with edible luster powders. The hibiscus are sugar , cut and pressed and then highlighted with color. These took some major planning and preparation. The flowers have to be made at least a week in advance so they can dry in a cupped shape. The sea shells need hardening time also, not to mention the time to hand dust the details onto them. The cake truffles inside are rich and creamy coconut and decadent double chocolate. All are dipped in fabulous Callebaut Chocolate. My favorite is the look of the coconut, although the sea shells are pretty neat. They even look real-but I promise, they will melt in your mouth. By the way, the "sand" is raw sugar. I think that the "Tropical Wedding" will be wonderful. The bride and groom have great taste! 

Happy Weecakie Wedding!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I love how realistic the shells with the sand and hibiscus flowers look.

    ReplyDelete