Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sweet Rose Weecakies


     My Grandmother, for whom I was named (and no, her name was not Weecakies), was a watercolor artist.  But before she took brush to paper, porcelain was her canvas.  I have a sweet little dresser set that was painted by my Grandmother and given to my Mother for a wedding present.  The porcelain tray with two matching dishes and lids sits on my dresser today just as it did on my own Mother's dresser.  My Grandmother received her training in New York City around 1900.  That was a long way to travel in those days, about 1,980 miles.  No airplanes.  I don't even want to think about how long it took her to get there.  She was a wonderful grand lady and I am proud to bear her name.  As I have been creating Weecakies over the past 2 years I have often thought that the white chocolate looks a lot like porcelain.  So I got my brushes out and tried my hand at painting tiny pink roses and golden borders with edible luster dust.  Each Weecakie is an almond cake truffle dipped in luscious white Callebaut chocolate and then hand-painted by me.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed creating them while remembering my marvelous Grandmother.  Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful! You should paint more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.....all the gals in the office agree!!
    Too cute to eat =O)

    ReplyDelete