Saturday, April 23, 2016

Happy BYU Graduation 2016


     Don't I have a beautiful niece?  This is Melissa Smith and she just graduated from BYU this week.  My brother, her Dad, asked me to make a celebration cake for her, so I was inspired by this design from:   http://sugarlovecakedesign.blogspot.com2014/07/byu-graduation-cake.html  I changed the font for "Congrats Melissa" and I programmed my Zing digital cutter to cut the logos and lettering.  I wanted to make the tassel out of something that would hold up and not get brittle and break off like fondant does, and look like an actual tassel.  Then I remembered that I pinned a recipe for "gummy chocolate" a while back.  Well, I tried it, and guess what?  It was perfect!  The tassel actually looked real.....and it is chocolate!  And.....(waaaait for it).....the formula worked for another on-going project!  I'm sooooo excited that I learned something new.  See, you're never too old to upgrade your techniques.  Happy graduation Melissa!  And to the rest of us: Try something new!

Love,
Weecakies

No comments:

Post a Comment